Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recent photos. February 2008.


This is the sign at the front entrance. The road between the beach and the chow hall / flagpole is in the same location. The road is now lined with a split rail fence.


Looking toward the swimming beach. My son Scott and I in late February 2008.
For the "old timers" the beach should look familar although more open, less trees than I remember. Notice the junior cabins to the right of the photo.


This is the dedication plaque that is on the rock in the picture above.


My son Scott at the flag pole. Same flag pole and chow hall. I recently spent sometime inside wandering around. Old timers will still feel right at home. It brought more than one tear to my eyes. Same wooden floors. Same stage area. Kitchen and dish room have had a face lift but still look the same. The ceilings have been sheeted. No more open rafters.


Junior section taken from the boat house dock.


View toward the chow hall and softball field.


Camp fire and awards ring. Just over the hill from the back of the chow hall.


The boat house taken from the swimming beach.


Current Nature Shack. I think this is a new Nature shack. The old shack was in the same general location as I remember it.


This is the back bay it was a "secret swimming area" used by the some of the workers. It was behind the Nature Shack and at the foot of the hill where we would have Sunday night services.

No comments: