Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dan Murphy tells how he found Camp Clark.

I haven't visited the site in awhile. Looking at the post for March 25, I was looking thru the names of the guys in picture and noticed the name of Gordon Parsons. Wow. Gordon Parsons is how I ended up going to Camp Clark.

When I was a 10-year-old kid, my dad and and a couple other neighbors decided to build some Sailfish sailboats, the popular flat-deck lateen-rigged sailboats. After building them, we wanted to have a mini-regatta and Gordon suggested a place where he went to camp as a kid. We packed up the cars, boats on top, headed to Lawrence Pond, and had a fun day. It must have been just before camp started. Bob Hastings came down and introduced himself, got talking about the camp, and next thing I knew, I was signed up for a month of camp. Both my parents were from New Bedford, so there was some degree of familiarity with the camp.

Gordon (Dr. Parsons) was our neighbor for a number of years in Marshfield MA. He was well-respected in town and was an avid tennis player and skier. He died at least 10 years ago on the tennis court.

Thanks for maintaining the website. 

Dan Murphy Camp Clark 1964-1971

No comments: