Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring is popping up it's head in my home town. The ice is melting.

An update for all.  Spring seems to be here in northern Wisconsin. With the arrival of warmer weather comes the end of ice fishing season. My favorite winter outdoor activity.  During ice fishing season I try and spend as much time as I can on the ice of Lake Superior.

Lake Superior's Chequamegon Bay. Looking NE.  Photos taken 03/12/12

Lake Superior's Chequamegon Bay. Looking NW.  Photos taken 03/12/12

For those of you from warmer climates you can take a peek into ice fishing by looking here, here, here and here.  And the danger of spring thaw here.

Sadly and with apologies what doesn't get done in an efficient manner are my inside responsibilities.  Specifically in this case I have neglected but not forgotten to copy, post and return materials that have been loaned to me for the website. Those materials are sitting safely on my desk just to the left of the keyboard I am typing on now.

Now that it appears ice fishing is over, without a return of cold weather,  I am moving into the boring pre-spring season. No ice fishing but also no spring open water fishing. The frustration is equal to those who golf in regions with winter weather.  Snow on the ground no golfing. Spring thaw brings wet muddy weather no golfing. Courses aren't quite open yet... no golfing. The boring pre-spring season is the same for all. Boring!

Hopefully no one is concerned about material you have loaned to me. It is safe and stands a very good chance of getting done during this boring season.

So again apologies and a promise to soon get onto the project.

Thanks for your patience. Wayne

No comments: