Sunday, November 29, 2020

Shirley A. Davenport - Obituary - Dartmouth, MA

Dick Davenport's wife Shirley Davenpost's Obituary.  She was a terrific lady and organized and ran the cake sales that they had to raise money to save Camp Clark. Shirley was one of the many family members who tried to save Camp Clark from being sold in 1970-71. 

https://www.currentobituary.com/obit/248323    Submitted by Marylou Mandell

Camp Clark loses another senior member of the extended family of Camp Clark alumnus.

1 comment:

Shutterwi said...

I never met many of these early members of the Camp Clark family. I was in the United States Air Force during the time when the camp was being sold. It was a very sad time for me personally because the camp was (and still is) part of my life. But I must tell you that the new owners of the Camp Lyndon the CapeCod YMCA has done a wonderful job preserving and improving the camp we all knew. I have had several opportunities to visit Camp Lyndon and can tell you all you would immediately recognize (our) camp. The only thing I noticed was that the craft shop was gone. But all of the junior and senior section cabins have been updated and still sit on the same footprint.